This program is created to ensure employment opportunities by development and improvement of the cross-border business environment in the Latvia-Lithuania cross-border area through actions encouraging and supporting local artisans to develop new business ideas and initiatives in the field of creative craftsmanship and start their own business. This will be done through development of business support model, as well as series of theoretical training and practical creative workshops designed specifically for artisans. The project will promote creativity and through thinking and doing design create new and improve the existing products developed by artisans as potential entrepreneurs. It is intended that out of the 30 artisans participating in the project activities will develop new business ideas and products.
The project target group is local artisans (80 persons) working with textile, glass, wood, ceramics and paper that are seen as potential entrepreneurs in the Latvian-Lithuanian cross border area, namely, Dobele municipality and wider Zemgale region in Latvia and Anykščiai district municipality and Panevėžys county in Lithuania.
The program main packages are:
- Management - strategic management of the project to ensure overall monitoring of implementation and quality control that will be organised through project steering committee;
- Development of business support model - the objective of this activity is to develop cross-border business support model for artisans that is in line with their main needs and addresses the 2 main challenges: development of a competitive product and finding new markets for selling it;
- Capacity building for artisans - the objective of this Work Package is to offer capacity building exercises for a mixed cross-border inter-disciplinary group of the selected artisans that are based on the developed business support model;
- Modernisation of infrastructure - the objective is to modernise the infrastructure for provision of joint theoretical training courses on development of creative products and services that can be adapted to new markets as part of the business support model for artisans;
- Communication - the objective is to inform wider public on the activities and main outputs of this project, as well as raise public awareness on entrepreneurship as a self-employment possibility for an individual worker based on the example of artisans.
INTERREG V-A Latvia-Lithuania Cross-Border Cooperation Programme 2014-2020 under Priority 2: Support to Labour Mobility and Employment, and its Specific Objective 2.1: To create employment opportunities through entrepreneurship support. www.europa.eu and www.latlit.eu